Monday, February 1, 2010

Stinky Baby Tee

Today was a very sad day in the Gilchrist house. Our puppy dog of 15 years passed away. Teela had congestive heart failure, and it was time for her to go. Tonight I am going to write about her. I remember when she was "delivered" to us by her breeder, Jan, just before my dad's birthday. Ironically, she was scared of him for the first little bit. I was in second grade, so getting a dog was super cool! Over the years, Baby Tee found out how to rule the house. All she had to do was pee and poop on everything. She was quite a stubborn little booger. She had certain foods she would eat, only certain people she would go to the bathroom outside for, and certain place in the house where she would go to the bathroom. Every woman should take a lesson from Tee, she knew what she wanted and did it! GIRL POWER! Anyway, here is a little list about Teela:

1. She deserved a better name. The breeder named her after the Star Trek character...duh she was way cooler than that.

2. She only dined on classy foods, like frosted mini wheats, scrambled eggs, and of course shredded mozzerella cheese. (cough cough in her earlier years she liked a mid-night snack of cat poop)

3. She was the only girl I knew who could pull off a mustache. The longer the better.

4. I think she thought she was a cat because she would join in on their Sunday self bathing...everyday.

5. Would come running when she heard the word "cookie"...a girl after my own heart.


I started feeling guilty today because, as most of you know, I wasn't always the nicest in the family to Teela. I felt bad for calling her a little bitch, but really she was an 8lb female dog. It was so sad coming home today because for the past 15 years of my life she has always been here. Teela, you were an outstanding fur, and you will be greatly missed. Love you!

P.S. One last Fur song...
Fur on the left
Fur on the right
Oh Oh Oh what a beautiful sight!

P.S.S. to my 4 followers...thanks for humoring me.

3 comments:

  1. I love the newest fur song! We will miss Teela lots, but she has gone to join Ichabod, Casey, Ginger, Abby, and the others in fur heaven. Love you, E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shouldn't our family furs probably have their own section in fur heaven by now?
    E, a lovely tribute to Miss T, especially the song...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha i was wondering if you were thinking about all the times you called her "little bitch". i wasn't going to bring it up though.

    great blogging!

    ReplyDelete