Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trail Mix

Hi All!

I promise one of these days I will write about my brunch experiences this past weekend, but tonight I am going to go with trail mix. Ever since I started working I have started a habit of stopping at the Fresh Market (conveniently right across the street) on my way home a couple times a week. It has become sort of an unwinding from the day ritual. You know like normal people go for a jog or to the gym, I wander around the grocery store. Now that I am typing it out I feel a little embarrassed! Anyway, they always have a little sample of coffee, which has been nice in the cold weather. So, I usually get a piece of fruit or something from their AMAZING trail mix selection, and when I pay they always have a little sample treat, like banana nut bread or something. I always have the same convo with the cashier, "oh wow, this is delicious!" Like it is my first time in there...yeah right, I am surprised they don't have a warrant out for me for eating/drinking samples, and then spending less than $3.
Ok, enough confessions for tonight. I have come to the conclusion that trail mix is the answer to all problems, the #1 snack (or if you get enough of it...meal), and the perfect companion to annoy all your classmates! Think about it, you have nuts for protein, chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth, and raisins are sweet and healthy all at the same time. The perfect combo of salty and sweet!
So, where am I going with this? Today I had the day off, so I mixed it up and went to whole foods because they have a cafe area, and I needed to study. So, after studying I justified buying a cookie for myself. It took me a good 7 minutes to decide if I should go with the chocolate peanut butter cookie or the oatmeal chocolate chip. I decided that because I only had a salad for lunch I should probably go with the chocolate peanut butter because it had more protein, naturally right? After picking out my cookie, I walked around the store to see that they had a trail mix station too. Not as intense as Fresh Market, but of course I found something that looked appealing. I filled up a little bag and was on my way.

As I was driving down the street, I hit Pine and Juniper, which is Peanut Butter Jelly Time's prime spot. There is always a group of homeless people. I thought about how greedy I was for buying a cookie and trail mix, so I pulled into the far right lane preparing to give my trail mix to someone. I spotted this woman who looked like she needed some trail mix to brighten her day, who doesn't? I was getting ready to roll down my window, when all of a sudden a man with a bag approached her. I totally witnessed a drug deal! Needless to say, she needed a little more than trail mix. I rolled up my window and kept driving...maybe next time. I guess everyone needs a little something to get through the day! K, you will be very impressed, since I was unable to give away my trail mix, I decided not to annoy my classmates and leave it in the car. :)

Night! :)

1 comment:

  1. hahahah

    you're such a cheap ass. :)

    your saying that chocolate peanut butter cookies are a source of protein is like me saying french fries are a serving of vegetables.

    ReplyDelete