Monday, January 17, 2011

I'M BACK!

Well hello all!

It has been a minute! While the little munchkin that I watch on Mondays was snoozing today, I decided to get on and spiff the blog up a little bit. I have been thinking a lot lately, which is generally pretty normal for me. The only difference being I used to have this amazing memory, like to the point of creepy, but lately I haven't been able to remember things that I would usually remember. I have come to the conclusion that either my self diagnosed ADD is getting A LOT worse, and I am unable to fully pay attention to things or I am just getting old. I haven't decided which one it is yet, but either way I think blogging will help and it was one of my many 2011 resolutions to blog more, so throw some Windex on it and there you go!

My thought tonight is about  receiving attention...

Today while I was watching the Today Show while redoing the blog while the babe was napping (I think I am proving my ADD hypothesis), they were talking about a survey that asked my generation if given the three things of 1. eating your favorite food 2. getting a complement or 3. having sex, which one would you pick. The majority said....wait for it.....getting a complement. I know I know I was surprised too, but then the more I thought about it that response makes perfect sense. As human beings we subconsciously or maybe even consciously crave attention, it's addicting. Anyway, they were saying it has something to do have a low self-esteem...really, you think?

This brought me back to the days when I would cuddle up under my dad's arm before bed and he would tell me a Houie, Douie, and Louie story, which were made up stories about the neighborhood squirrels. Man, I used to be so easily entertained! After the story, I always remember him saying something about the importance of a strong self-image and self validation. I was extremely young at this point, so I had no idea what to do with this information, but I am so grateful for these memories especially in these "defining" years. And of course in between the farting jokes and the urban dictionary topics my old man has thrown some valuable life advice my way.

Being in my early twenties and meeting new people, I have noticed insecurities within myself as well as others, which is a completely normal part of life. I am totally not denying that! It is just an interesting thought to think about that if we felt better about ourselves would we be craving that complement? Let's find out! I challenge myself along with you, my greatly appreciated reader, to look in the mirror everyday and say at least 5 affirmations about yourself to yourself.  Maybe this will change the majority of the answers to the survey... ;)

On a foodie note...This morning I was able to treat myself to my favorite coffee at Land of a Thousand Hills. The story is great and the amazing to-go coffee is only $1!

Ok, until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I freaking love you! Hahaha... maybe if they changed the wording to " have really great sex" it would have won... ya know cause some times it's just no good!

    My affirmations for Today: People told me I look skinny today( might be bc I am sick)
    I am signing up for another 1/2 marathon and KNOW I can do it!
    A receptionist thought I was too young to have my own insurance WOOO!
    I have a great friends even tho I am a bad friend and never call them ( but I love u guys)
    I am going to look young when I am old bc I live in NYC now and get no sun at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're writing has improved greatly, sassy. very proud.

    ReplyDelete