Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Timing is Everything...

Hello All!

So I have been a creature of habit on the weekends and have been sticking to the traditional White House breakfast with good old daddy-o for some time now. I have hit up Treehouse a couple of times, which is always delicious, but the service isn't always the best. My point being it is time for me to venture out of my comfort zone of Maria and Allay (who know our names and orders), yummy oatmeal, and free breakfast (thanks daddy, love you always). This thought was sparked at work when the clock hit 11 am, and we were all practically drooling on the treadmills over the thought of food. We were all talking about our favorite brunch places, and it made me think I need to step up my game...especially if I want to become famous for blogging about food, I mean, come on!  So, with the weekend right around the corner, hopefully I will be able to follow through!

On another note, I have come up with an interesting creation, mostly out of always running super late for work and running out of clean silverware. I have been making plain oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon and then making a sunny side up egg and throwing it in the bowl with the oatmeal. At first it sounds weird, but it is actually really scrumptious and filling! You get grains, protein, and fiber all in one bowl. Today I ate it with a measuring spoon...time to run the dishwasher!

Last but not least (probably the most important), I was talking with my dad about a significant event coming up in my life, and he said, "in life, timing is everything." I have been thinking about how simple but yet complicated that thought can be. I am firm believer that everything happens for a reason I just think it gets complicated when we try to figure out why certain events happen. Anyway, like I was saying, I have been thinking about this a lot lately. It just so happens I was thinking about this when I threw on my jacket to take out the trash last night. I was also thinking about how I would kill for a damn good piece of chocolate (yes, I was thinking these things at the same time...my ADD was acting out). I put my hand in the pocket of my jacket to find a mini bag of peanut M&Ms...one of my favorite candies. Really timing is everything because it is an absolute miracle that I did not scarf down this bag when I took it from a baby (just kidding). I had them to satisfy my craving, which literally made my night! Timing is everything people!

I hope everyone of you has an experience like this because it feels oh so good! I also hope that my timing clock, dial, compass whatever it may be lines up perfectly for big things in the future!

1 comment:

  1. It IS weird how things tend to just have a way of working out. . . I completely agree!!

    ReplyDelete